The Internet is an essential tool in the daily lives of many Americans - however, Kentucky's challenges in closing the rural digital divide are two-fold. An estimated 22 percent of Kentuckians have access to two or fewer broadband providers in their area, and the Kentucky Wired plan to ensure high speed access in every county is behind schedule.
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-3
The Latest From NPR
- When Florence Hit Her School Community, This Principal Stepped Up
- Flood Waters From Florence Hit Elderly Hard
- Can't Get Comfortable In Your Chair? Here's What You Can Do
- Trump And Japan's Abe Meet In New York Ahead Of U.N. General Assembly
- Tiger Woods Wins First Golf Tournament Since 4 Back Surgeries