A public forum was held Thursday evening to discuss race, class, and development in Lexington. The forum was well attended, with people from a diverse range of ethnicity and economic status filling a conference room at the Lexington Senior Center. The topic of discussion centered around gentrification, defined by Lexington city councilmembers as a neighborhood in transition to suit an exclusive, upper-income, white community… as opposed to revitalization, which the event hosts described as a transition toward communities of mixed income and race.
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-2
The Latest From NPR
- DOJ Increases Power Of Agency Running Immigration Court System
- Top Publishers Sue Audible, Alleging Encroachment On Text Territory
- Feds Charge 80 People Over Massive Online Fraud Conspiracy
- Court Says Idaho Must Provide Gender Confirmation Surgery To Transgender Inmate
- California Says Its Cannabis Revenue Has Fallen Short Of Estimates, Despite Gains