Kentucky lawmakers took the first step Wednesday toward placing new restrictions on the governor's pardoning powers. A bill with bipartisan backing would establish windows of time around gubernatorial elections when the governor could not pardon or commute sentences.
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-3
WUKY Phone App
The Latest From NPR
- Israel Is Eager To Annex West Bank Lands, But U.S. Says To Wait For Israeli Election
- What's A 'Super-Spreading Event'? And Has It Happened With COVID-19?
- Pop Smoke, Rising New York Rapper, Dead At 20
- Coronavirus Update: Diamond Princess Passengers Leave Ship As Expert Slams Quarantine
- Hunt For New Coronavirus Treatments Includes Gene-Silencing And Monoclonal Antibodies