Looking to defuse tensions in Louisville over the fatal shooting of a black woman by police who broke down her door, the victim's mother on Friday called on protesters to continue demanding justice but to do it in “the right way without hurting each other." Governor Andy Beshear read the statement from Breonna Taylor’s mother hours after gunshots erupted, wounding at least seven people, during protests late Thursday outside City Hall. At least one person was in critical condition, Louisville Metro Police said early Friday.
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-3
WUKY Phone App
The Latest From NPR
- As 'Hero' Pay Ends, Essential Workers Wonder What They Are Worth
- SpaceX And NASA Try Once More To Launch Astronauts
- Coronavirus FAQs: Is It Safer To Fly Or Drive? Is Air Conditioning A Threat?
- As More Americans Prepare To Vote By Mail, Postal Service Faces Big Challenges
- GOP Fears Loss Of Reliable Senate Seat Amid Fractious Kansas Primary