Rupp Arena Implementing New Security Measures For UK Men's and Women's Basketball Games
Some new security measures are being implemented for UK basketball games at Rupp Arena. They’ll be in effect starting with this Friday night’s Big Blue Madness event.
They’re reducing the size of bags that fans can bring into the arena and all patrons will now be required to walk through a metal detector. Bags can’t be larger than 12” x 6” x 12”. An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Rupp officials say express lanes for guests with no bags will be provided to assist in expediting the security process.
Doors will continue to open 90 minutes prior to tipoff and UK Athletics is encouraging fans to arrive early in order to get through the security checkpoints in time for the start of the game.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to backpacks or any bag larger than the permissible size. In addition, Rupp Arena security will not permit the following items inside the area:
· All illegal substances (tobacco products and electronic cigarettes are permitted in the designated smoking area outside of the arena)
· Artificial noisemakers, irritants and laser pointers
· Beach balls
· Cameras with detachable lenses
· Glass, aluminum containers, ice chests and flasks
· Outside food and beverages, including alcoholic beverages
· Poles, extensions or selfie sticks
· Signs larger than 24 inches by 24 inches
· Unmanned aircrafts
· Video or audio recorders
The following items are welcome inside Rupp Arena:
· Cameras – no detachable lenses
· Service animals –as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
· Personal chair backs – maximum width 18 inches and cannot have any hard plastic or metal parts or attach to the bleachers in any way
· Strollers – small collapsible style