The Internet is an essential tool in the daily lives of many Americans - however, Kentucky's challenges in closing the rural digital divide are two-fold. An estimated 22 percent of Kentuckians have access to two or fewer broadband providers in their area, and the Kentucky Wired plan to ensure high speed access in every county is behind schedule.
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-3
The Latest From NPR
- Rosenstein, Expecting To Be Fired, Heads To White House For Meeting On Tense Morning
- Trump Calls Kavanaugh 'Outstanding,' Dismissing Latest Sexual Misconduct Allegation
- Science Reveals How Fruit Keeps A Lid On Ripening Until The Time Is Right
- 19-Year-Old Survives 49 Days At Sea, After Floating Hut Drifts To Guam
- The Unending Tragedy Of A 5-Year-Old Who Drowned In A Pit Latrine